The Wagga RSL & Commercial Club have a number of policies and procedures in place to ensure the that our members and visitors feel safe and comfortable at all times. We pride ourselves on providing a venue that is welcoming for all to enjoy.
RSA & RCG Courses:
For all RSA and RCG course enquiries, please contact The Centre For Training on 1300 661 205 or mobile 0404 585 096. More information is available below or by visiting www.centrefortraining.com.au
The Wagga RSL Club does NOT take bookings directly for RSA & RCG Courses, all bookings must be made directly with Centre For Training.
Responsible Service of Alcohol house policy
Wagga RSL Club & the Commercial Club Wagga have a policy to service patrons in a responsible, friendly and professional manner.
We encourage patrons to drink in moderation and avoid drink driving.
Our responsible service practices aim to:
- Not serve alcohol to intoxicated persons
- Not serve any customer to intoxication
- Not serve alcohol to people that behave in a disorderly manner
- Not allow sale or supply of liquor to any persons under 18 years of age
- Ensure that the promotion and advertising of liquor on the premises is conducted in a responsible manner
- Not to host promotions which encourage excessive drinking or unfairly targets women or men
- Ensure no harm comes to patrons as a result of our service of alcohol
The following policies and procedures have been adopted to ensure the Responsible Service of Alcohol
- That all staff are trained by an accredited provider in Responsible Service of Alcohol
- A range of non-alcoholic and low alcohol drinks is offered on these premises
- We will not serve more than one nip of spirit per glass
- Staff will contact the Duty Manager and alert them to a patrons impending state of intoxication
- The Duty Manager will determine whether or not service will be refused
- If service is refused, the Duty Manager will politely explain to the patron(s) that the premises cannot legally serve alcohol to the point of intoxication
- A register is maintained to record any incident that may occur. This register will contain a copy of the Wagga RSL Clubs House Policy
The Directors, Management and Staff of the Wagga RSL Club and Commercial Club Wagga are committed to the responsible service of alcohol.
For information on Responsible Service of Alcohol courses please call 1300 661 205
Members and their guests must be well presented, clean, neat and tidy at all times when in either Club.
The following are not acceptable at any time:
- Men’s headwear
- Torn or dirty clothing
- Obscene or offensive language on clothing
- Sportswear, including training apparel, swimwear, bike shorts, leotards, etc.
- Bare feet
Whilst common sense shall prevail in most circumstances, the decision of management shall be final in all matters relating to dress and behaviour.
Responsible Service of Gaming
Think! About your choices Call Gambling Help
1800 858 858
You are never alone.
Check out Nathan Hindmarsh’s personal experience with gambling
Best Bet a local family support service offer a free and confidential counselling service. To book an appointment or refer a client, simply call 6921 7675.
Best Bet is funded by the Wagga RSL Club to provide problem gambling counselling
services to the community.
The Directors, Management and Staff of Wagga RSL Club and the Commercial Club Wagga are committed to the Responsible Conduct of Gaming services.
This includes: The legislative framework for responsible conduct of gambling in Registered Clubs in New South Wales is provided by the Gambling Legislation Amendment (responsible Gambling) Act 1999, the Registered Clubs Act 1976, the Gaming Machines Act 2001 and accompanying regulations. Wagga RSL Club discharges all statutory obligations, specifically:Providing information to members and their guests on counseling services
Providing specific consumer information. This includes:
- Chance of winning notices
- Gaming machines notice of the dangers of gambling
- Player information brochures
- Automatic teller machine signage
- Ensuring that all signs on gaming machines and automatic telling machines have not been removed or defaced
- Not cashing third party cheques
- Not offering gambling inducements
- Not providing cash prizes in poker machine promotions
- Limiting the prize value of poker machine promotions to $1,000
- Not engaging in gaming machine advertising off the premises
- Ensuring that there is no external gaming machine signage and that any internal signage can not be seen from outside the avenue
- Producing player activity statements
- Operating a self exclusion scheme
- Maintaining links with a problem gambling counseling service
- Enforcing the law relating to cheque cashing facilities, credit gambling and the location of automatic teller machines
- Paying any prizes won on a gaming machine, over the value of $2,000 by cheque
- Enforcing laws prohibiting minors from being involved in gambling activities
- Installing clocks in gaming areas to provide a reality check to players
- Ensuring designated employees complete an approved course in Responsible Conduct of Gambling
- Applying of Responsible Conduct of Gambling policies to TAB and Keno areas
- Wagga RSL Club also participates in the ClubSafe program
The Wagga RSL Club and Commercial Club Wagga implement the above measures
to ensure that we encourage a responsible, caring and professional approach to the Responsible Conduct of Gambling.
For information on Responsible Service of Gaming courses please call 1300 661 205